4.10.2017 Journaled Thoughts

  • In my life this month…

  • I'm "re-trying" the FitBit movement after my last watch started glitching.  I went to exchange it and they were out of stock, so I had to wait for a replacement to arrive in the mail.  Despite the slow exchange, I was excited to be able to upgrade at a very minimal cost special, to the gun metal edition that I had really wanted.  I've had it now for a little over a week and I'm back in motion and working hard to improve my steps.  I hope to have the strength and endurance to go on outdoor walks and tackle some of the nearby trails.  
  • In our homeschool this month…

  • We've been slowly doing the basics while I've been working behind the scenes on finishing strong this year and planning an exciting upcoming school year. It's been hard to keep the concept of "less is more" in the forefront, but I'm really excited to see the layout of things come together!
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

  • At the end of March, we had a memorial gathering in memory of my mother-in-law. It was simple and casual, just as she would have liked. It was nice to meet up with family we hadn't seen in years and catch up on the latest news.
  • My favorite thing this past month…

  • A mixture of weather! Little hints of warm spring days, mixed in with rain and some days with wind that chills to the bone. The wild flowers are painting the hillsides and the puffy white clouds blanket the sky and the promise of a new season is warming the air.  The girls and I love to watch the tall wild grasses running with the breeze on the mountains around us.
  • What’s working/not working for us…

  • My ears are still bothering me, but I am home and that is still something I give thanks for every day. The mountain elevation plays havoc with my energy levels because of the constant ear pressure changes, but besides slowing me down, I am seeing little bits of progress being made around the home and I'm choosing to find joy in each day.

    We didn't get as much read aloud time in the past few weeks as I would have liked, but this coming week it's back in the plans.

    Ugh...the dread of clutter. I'm in the process of going through shelves and closets, and cupboards and trying to help keep things at a minimum. I'm struggling with the weighted decision of what to keep and what not to keep.
  • Homeschool thoughts I have…

  • Books are arriving and box days are fun! My outlook is simplifying the school year ahead and to use more art in our learning.  The girls are so creative and I want that to come through in our days ahead. Both girls have made great strides in reading and we are going to work harder on the area of writing. {Restore} the continuity and rhythm back into our learning days is a top priority, but organization needs to be in place for this to run smoothly and keep the love of learning alive.
  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

  • I made candles! ...a mother culture type of moment.
     
    This was my first attempt to make soy candles and I love the way they turned out. I am calling them "Prayerful Scents" with a tag line "Hand poured with prayer".  I found some Kraft brown labels that turned out really nice and I especially love that they are removable so that I can reuse my jars very easily without having to soak off labels each time.  This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time.  It may just be cutting way back on blogging is making things like this possible again.  ....and to note that it will ultimately be a nice cost saving hobby to my love of candles habit.

No comments

Back to Top